Friday, October 2, 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day 2. Intention

 Set yourself a new intention to inspire your next path in grief and healing. It might be to live your life with more kindness or maybe you might intend to live your life more wholeheartedly in honour of your children. Spend some time with this one. Go and get some fresh air. What is it that you want out of this project? Whatever your new intention is, write it down with the words “I intend to ……………. in honour of my precious child/ren ……………..”

...


I intend to live in the moment more, to appreciate my living children, to be more present for them and patient with them, in honor of my precious child, Simone.


This is so much easier said than done. Shortly after Simone's death, I thought how much more precious the gift of our other children is, how I would treasure this tremendously more as a result of it being taken from me with Simone. But the truth that I quickly learned was that grieving takes so much energy, it is so completely draining, that lots of days there isn't much left, not patience. Instead my children sometimes have a moody, on edge mama who, on top of the grief, now feels pushed to the edge and incredibly guilty for not being the mama I know I used to be, the mama my babies  deserve. So this month, I am going to try harder than usual to be the mama I know I have inside of me. To shower my children with the love they need from me, and to do it in honor of their dear sister, Simone. 

No comments: