Monday, October 26, 2015

October 25th - 40 weeks today.

Well folks, my due date came and went. I wasn't expecting to have a baby on my due date, to the disappointment of my dad who would have liked to share his birthday with this rainbow baby. 

While Easton was born on his due date, both my girls were about a week late. So I have been expecting something similar this time around. However, I noticed that there is a full moon this week, so maybe baby will come earlier than later. My bets have been on the 26th. But that's today, so we will see. 

Last Wednesday, I had normal hospital testing and my midwife advised that I had a soft cervix, but wasn't dilated yet. I had been hoping to have my membranes stripped at that appointment to help jump start labor, since we are all nervous as each day goes by. 

Saturday was more hospital testing. My fluid level has been going down, but it is normal to decrease, and is still within the normal range. 

The plan is to return to the hospital for more testing on Monday, see the midwife on Tuesday, and go back for more hospital testing on Wednesday. 

My midwife understands our anxiety and has said she will induce me at any time if I decide that's what I want. Although, I am still hoping to go into labor on my own. We will see how long I feel this way. 

I spent my due date cleaning out and organizing my bedroom, since I will likely be living there exclusively for several weeks after the baby is born. After all that work, I was so tired I just napped and rested in my room for the afternoon. It was just what I needed, except that my dear children were making a mess in all the other rooms of the house while I rested. Oh well. 

Now it's 4:30 in the morning. I can't sleep and I am just contemplating at what hour is it reasonable to start cleaning up the kitchen so I can make soup and bake cookies. 

I think this nesting business is kicking in. 


No comments: