Saturday, October 3, 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day 3. In Honor

Who are you doing this project in loving memory of? Share their name. Share their story. Share who they are to you. This is a time to shine a light on your children and tell the world about them. Honour them beautifully. A lovely idea is to create an acrostic poem with your children’s names (a word for each letter of their name) If you didn’t name your babies, you can still share your experience. What were your hopes and dreams for them? How has this experience changed you as a person? Share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. 

...



I am doing this project in loving memory of my daughter, Simone Esperanza. My precious baby who I felt moving around inside of me the day before she was stillborn. The baby sister that Gabriela and Easton sang to and read stories to only hours before she died inside of me. My baby girl, all squishy 9 lbs, 14 oz and 21 1/2 inches of her who we were so ready to welcome. We already loved her so much.

Simone had a full head of hair, like her big sister and a face just like her big brother. I wonder what color her eyes would have been, and if she'd had dimples like Gabriela and Easton. Gabriela remembers her long, dark fingernails and her deep dark lips. 

 Simone was born nine months and three days after we moved into our house.   Before her birth, I imagined so much happy chaos for our family. I could just see her happily wrapped up in a baby carrier while we homeschooled. She was going to be an easy baby, you see, after all, she was the third child. I was ready to juggle meeting my kids' individual needs, homeschooling, cooking, caring for my family, cloth diapering for two, with Easton still in diapers, so much love and craziness with our new family of five. I thought I was so ready for the changes Simone's birth would bring to my life. But really, I had no clue how different things would be after her birth. 

No comments: