Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Baby Grover 4.0, week 38

So this is it. Baby could come any time. I can't believe it. I truly feel like I am somewhat in denial still. I love this baby, I'm so obviously pregnant, I feel her moving constantly, but my brain just can't comprehend that she will be here in my arms any day. 

I noticed a definite increase in Braxton hicks contractions Sunday and Monday. Tuesday I woke up to some very minor contractions. They were a notch up from Braxton hicks. Just enough to be achy and crampy and wonder if they would increase in intensity. I got up and had a snack, drank a lot of water and just relaxed until I fell asleep again. The tightness in my belly continued all day. I know enough from past experience to realize this phase could continue for weeks, really. But it's encouraging to know that my body is gearing up for his birth. Monday night I really felt like I had to start making space in my heart to welcome this birth so that my labor isn't inhibited by my fears surrounding it. I just have to open myself to the love and wonder and power of my body, trust myself and this baby to enter safely into this world. It's interesting that I noticed a difference in activity the very next morning. My belly contracts and then before releasing, contracts even more and just stays that way. 

My Wednesday ultrasound showed, for the first time, the baby in the same position twice in a row. Head down! It certainly feels like she still is in that position. 

I have been working on our banner this week as new bits of fabric and notes of encouragement continue to arrive in the mail. Kristie also sent me a beautiful rainbow quilt she sewed and and my friend Vicki made us the coziest swaddling blankie. It's fun to get these bits of handmade goodness for our baby girl. 

I've finally decided to encapsulate my placenta and have made arrangements for that. I have also been finding birth affirmations and pregnancy after loss birth affirmations. I'm rereading Ina Mae's
Guide to Childbirth for the fourth time around as well. It feels good to finally be facing this birth, and in a positive way at that. 

Lane and I have been so worried about this baby's safe arrival that we still are trying to decide on a name for her. It's serious business, naming a person. Maybe it will all be clear when she is here safely in our arms. 

My job this weekend is to relax. Maybe do some cooking too, but my midwife and my sister are both out of town so I want to make sure I just take it easy. 

My Saturday testing showed baby to still be head down. Three times in a row, I think she's staying there!




No comments: