Friday, October 2, 2015

Baby Grover 4.0, week 36

I am really benefitting from my Pregnancy After Loss group. I feel so fortunate to have discovered it with just the right timing.

Baby Girl was still head down and responding well to the nonstress testing. Until Saturday. She's still just fine, but I ended up crying at my testing because they had some trouble finding her heartbeat. I just can't handle that uncertainty.  The reason they had trouble was that the baby is transverse again, not head down. So, I called my midwife who suggested we just try to let gravity encourage the baby to a head down position and she will come into the office on Monday just to check the baby's position. I don't know where we go from there if she's not head down. But the midwife said no swimming, inversions, or moxabustion for now, as that may inadvertently cause the baby to turn completely breech, which would be a much bigger problem. 

At Saturday's ultrasound, I could see bubbles emerging from Baby's mouth, the technician pointed out that she is practicing breathing. 

Finally, I have had some space in my heart and mind to sitdown and ask myself what I need to do to make this upcoming delivery a different, special experience. I decided that it would be helpful for me to request notes of encouragement or birth  affirmations from my friends and family. I can read these regularly, leading up to my delivery and then bring them to the hospital as well. I am also asking people to please send me a 12 inch or so fabric, ribbon, or lace scrap. I want to create a decorative rainbow banner for this rainbow baby, and I thought it would be more meaningful if the fabric came from my loved ones. I can bring this to the hospital as well, and have a lovely decoration to bring home. 

I feel really good about this and excited to get started on this project, with the help of my assistants, Gabriela and Easton. It's giving me something to look forward to, something positive to focus my energy on leading up to three weeks or so from now. 

So if you're reading this, you want to participate. and you don't have my address, leave me a comment or email me and I will send it to you. 

No comments: