Thursday, October 8, 2015

Capture Your Grief - Day 8. Wish List

 What are your wishes for this grief journey? What do you need from others? It might be that you want your child to always be remembered. You may wish to educate others on grief and healing. Maybe your wish is to turn this tragedy into something beautiful. Spend some time thinking about what it is that you hope to be able to do, learn or gain from this experience.

...

Big brother and sister checking out one of the butterflies we released on Simone's floral birthday cake


I wish for balance. Balance as I continue to grieve for the loss of Simone, as I care for my other children, my husband, and myself ... as I prepare to bring another child into this world in only a few short weeks. 

I wish for Simone to always be remembered. For others not to be afraid to remember Simone along with us. 

I wish that my heartache and grief, that my experience can somehow bring hope to others who have tragically walked the same path I have. That some good may come from this horrific loss. 

I wish for my living children to always remember their sister with love, into adulthood. That as they get older, they understand how hard I have tried to mother them through my grief and theirs. 

No comments: