Saturday, June 14, 2008

Baby Preparations Update

Thursday night the weirdest thing happened. I woke up around 3 am and realized I was starving! Maybe it was because we had an early dinner the night before, but this has never happened before. I layed in bed for a while thinking, "I can't eat in the middle of the night, that's too crazy!" But I was wide awake, and after much deliberation, got myself out of bed, ate some string cheese, and happily drifted back to sleep. That was a first.

The other day I started looking into some daycare centers in Crystal City. One of them emailed me letting me know their wait list for infants is... (you're going to love this)... ELEVEN MONTHS! Fabulous! I'm going to check out some other places also, but I thought this was kind of ridiculous. I'm really surprised at myself. I'm usually totally OCD Planner Girl and this whole pregnancy/baby thing has kept me really laid back. I'm much more easy-breezy and not really worried about things coming together (SOOOO unlike me). Even now, I figure there are other places, and anyway, it can't hurt to get on a waiting list. I bet people have to give up spots because they aren't ready when their turn becomes available. Plus, there are some family home day cares I can look into as well.

Our infant carseat arrived in the mail yesterday. I really like it. We found out already though that there's a voluntary recall on the base. There are two ways you can attach it in the car - with this LATCH system that doesn't use the seatbelt, or with the seatbelt. They've found a potential problem with the LATCH system, and the carseat is perfectly fine to use with the seatbelt. But we've already arranged to be sent a new base. Here's the link if anyone wants or needs more info: http://www.chiccocarseatrecall.com/

This weekend I will be doing Take 2 for Hospital Bag packing. I've made a list of what we need to bring. Now I just need to do some laundry and get it done. I've already packed our new diaper bag with a few items for the baby including a cutie outfit to wear home and some of Auntie Theresa's burp cloths just cos.

My friend Jessica's niece was born at Sibley on Wednesday. She was in Michigan at the time, and couldn't get in touch with them. When she texted me asking for visiting hours at Sibley, I cleverly decided I'd give her the number for Labor & Delivery so she could be transferred to her sister's room. I suddenly realized I had no idea what that phone number was and spent a while looking it up on the hospital website, thankful that we weren't in the midst of labor while we were finding out this information. Now, the number is safely stored in my cell phone. phew. I also stored the number for my short term disability claim at work. Seriously, when you're thinking about the people you're going to call after the baby's born, MetLife insurance just doesn't come to mind.

We may venture to Babies R Us this weekend to use our gift cards and stock up on more baby supplies. I also have high hopes of us donating a load of stuff to the goodwill to make more closet space for said baby supplies.

Lots to do, and not much time left!

No comments: