Sunday, June 29, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby


Well, what can I say, it's 6 am and we just got back inside from a fire alarm experience. That's right, people! I walked down 12 flights of stairs in my present condition. Anyway, I was already waking up every hour or so for various reasons - I messed up my schedule by taking a humungous nap yesterday afternoon, I was hot, I was uncomfortable - that's what happens when you're 9 months pregnant in the summer time... anyway, I decided to use this opportunity to update you on our further preparations for Baby Grover's arrival.

Monday we met with our doula, Tuesday was Childbirth class, Wednesday we stocked up on everything imaginable at Costco, Thursday was our doctor appointment, and yesterday we attended an Infant & Child CPR class. I thought it was very useful - especially the parts about responding to a choking infant. We installed the car seat and Lane, being the super handy daddy that he is, hung up some stuff on the walls.

Here are some pics so you can check it out. I think we might get some little stick-on decorations for the walls so Baby has interesting stuff to look at when she's getting her diaper changed. Goodness knows, we'll be spending a lot of time there!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: