Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Week 37



It's Week 37 - that's when the baby is officially considered "full term".
Today I noticed that it's easier for me to breathe and walk. Maybe I'm just crazy, but it seemed like my belly button was lower too. I tried comparing my belly to previous weeks pictures to see if it was lower, but I can't see any difference except that it's still growing.
Everyone in my child birth class is saying we might not be there next week. I think it's a combination of the baby possibly dropping and my stories of wanting to get rid of tons of stuff over the weekend. We did just that - Lane and David made a monster good will donation run and we put away ALL the baby stuff. We also hung a cute shelf up above the baby dresser. And I started cleaning out my desk at work, making notes for whoever will be replacing me while I'm out.
Our doula came over last night and gave us some good things to read. We discussed things I should talk to our doctor about and she also gave us lots of tips that we can start using to prepare for getting the baby in the right position and to help encourage labor as we get closer.
Baby Grover still has her head down. And there are still a ton of things I feel like we need to do. But I'm still very calm and collected about delivery and I'm starting to get more excited - it's just around the corner.

No comments: