Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pediatrician? Check!

Phew, one more thing (and a big one) off the list of things to do - especially since the hospital won't let us leave without having selected a pediatrician. Lane and I met with Dr. Welman today and were very pleased. Her office is just 2 miles away from us. We met with her and a nurse; they both were very friendly and gave us lots of good information.

Before meeting with Dr. Welman, I did what any sane person would do, I googled her. Here's what I found: http://www.americaspromise.org/APAGallery.aspx?id=6916 Click on her picture to watch the video and you'll see why I knew I'd like her before we'd even met.

She went to UC San Francisco, provided care to migrant workers in Salinas, CA for a while, and just has a huge heart and desire to help everyone have the right foundation and health care. Much different than the doctor who wanted to charge me $90 just to talk to them about whether or not I wanted to go to their practice.

Relief. Now if only we can cross some of these other items off our list.

No comments: