Monday, June 9, 2008

What a Whirlwind Week!

This week flew by like nobody's business! On Monday night we went grocery shopping, and tried to rest up following our long Outer Banks weekend. Tuesday night was busy as usual with dinner and childbirth class. I had a lovely evening Wednesday catching up with Katie. We left to go home right as the huge thunder and lightning storm started and just barely missed the monstrous storm and being poured upon. Thursday we had a chance to catch our breath, and Friday night the boys hung out while Jess and Alex and I finally saw Sex & the City. I LOVED it! I laughed tons and also did my fair share of crying. At first I thought it was my pregnancy hormones, but I wasn't the only one wiping away tears.

Saturday, we mostly avoided the blazing heat. We ventured outside only briefly for a craigslist purchase. I bought a Medela nursing stool for all of $5 (regularly $25). I spent the rest of the afternoon opening baby box after baby box, assembling things, figuring out how to work them, and trying to find spots for them in our house. Now we only have TWO boxes out in our living room, when we used to have about about 10. I meant to pack my hospital bag, but that would have required doing laundry, and I just wasn't feeling it. That night, our neighbor Dan stopped by and told us there was some amazing lightning in the horizon. We grabbed some drinks and the salad Lane made for dinner and went up to our building's rooftop to enjoy the mild evening weather (70s), cool breeze, dinner and conversation and the sky light up all around us. It was very relaxing. We stayed until the rain started and then retreated back to our apartments. Lane and I watched a movie.

Yesterday was soooo hot. We went to a co-worker's barbeque and I'm so glad we did! There were tons of people from work, and it was really fun to just chill outside of work with them. One thing I really missed from CA were the out of control barbeques my brother David and his fabulous roommate Peter would throw. There was always so much delicious food, you didn't know what to do. Tracy offered some stiff east coast competition. We had bbq'd chicken, bleu cheese burgers, various pasta salads, green salad, fresh fruit, grilled asparagus, veggie kabobs, grilled corn on the cob, and so many various tasty appetizers. Add to that the lovely assortment of drinks (that I did not partake of) vodka lemonade, bloody maries, sangria, and all the wine and beer you could imagine, it was quite a feast.

Being that the heat this weekend was 100 plus, I felt this was the test for how my extremely pregnant body could handle the summer weather. I sat outside (in the shade) for quite a while. There was a nice breeze and I had my personal mister (thanks, Lane) and tons of water. It actually wasn't that bad. I can do it! Although, I must say, it helped that I brought another shirt to change into. We didn't get a chance to check out the pool over the weekend - hopefully we'll do that soon.

The low temp for tonight is 77 degrees, but it's supposed to still be in the 90s by 7 pm. Summer has officially arrived.

No comments: