Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Cat's out of the Bag!

Lane and I have been bursting at the seams waiting to tell our families, but trying so hard to not say anything until Christmas. All day long we were wondering when our parents would open their presents and when they'd call us.

It was great that so many people could find out at once with the Christmas gift opening. Lane's parents, sister, and both grandmas were on the phone when they called to say that they'd gotten the best Christmas gift ever!!

As soon as we got off the phone with them, we started calling the brothers. Grandma Chaney also warned that she couldn't keep her mouth shut, so we better tell them soon :) It was exciting to hear everyone be so thrilled with our big news.

Meliss literally SCREAMED for like 20 seconds upon hearing the news. Nate told us that our nephew, Chaney was jumping up and down with excitement, and having recently learned the art of sarcasm exclaimed, "Oh that's a bummer!" in jest. Adie & Ian were so sweet to send us an e-card and offer any advice we needed, and Cati let me know that she couldn't wait to start shopping and how well-dressed our baby would be!!

My Dad told us what a good job we had done, and it sounds like my parents might be planning a trip out here soon! My sisters were both practically crying with happiness, which made me get a little teary eyed myself.

I'm feeling much more excited now that everyone knows our big secret. Now I have to figure out when and how to tell people at work.

Here's a cute video for your viewing pleasure: http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1789889456

No comments: