Thursday, December 6, 2007

Happy Birthday, David!





My big brother and fellow east coaster, David celebrates his birthday today. I won't tell you how old he is, but he's seven years older than me. When I was really little I called him Day-ha (don't ask me why).

David protected me when I was little. He also introduced me to a lot of cool music that I wouldn't have heard until years later if it weren't for him. One day he had me go in his room to hear this really cool new song that came out, so he played me the tape and it was Depeche Mode's People are People.

Even though he never let me sing along with the Oompa Loopa songs when we watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (only HE was allowed, apparently), he's still a great brother and friend to Lane and me both. At his wedding, our photographer wanted a picture with David and just his brothers, he said Lane *was* his brother and needed to be in the pic.

Happy Birthday, Bro.

2 comments:

kljackson15 said...

Happy birthday David!

morethangray said...

woo, cassette tapes of depeche mode. that takes me back! hee!