Thursday, December 6, 2007

First Doctor Visit

Like I said before, this doctor visit was just for the initial blood work and to answer questions. I met with a very nice doctor who gave me some prenatal vitamins samples and a year's prescription. He took me in his office to show me a really detailed power point presentation with all the do's and don'ts as well as what to expect for the first visit, info about testing, and recommendations. He emailed it to me at home and said I can email him whenever. The office phone is answered 24/7, so he said to call with any question at any time.

Then the doctor said it was a really slow day, and that if I wanted, I could have a sonogram to see the baby and maybe even hear the heartbeat. Lane and I had talked about the appointments and decided that since I was just getting bloodwork and such done, that he'd come for the next appointment. I thought about how cool it would be to have a little picture and that we could somehow incorporate it into a Christmas gift for our parents, but I declined. I wanted Lane to be there. So hopefully, we'll get one done on the 21st.

These days I've been feeling like I have this huge secret. I also feel as if my body is emanating "I'm pregnant, people!" waves and that everyone can just tell. It's probably all in my head, but it's kind of weird.

Yesterday my boss was talking about how stressed out she is with everything at work and how she keeps getting more things thrown at her. It made me feel really uncomfortable thinking about how to tell her (probably sometime in the next month or so) about our pregnancy. I'm already not sure about wearing quite a few items of clothing - i can make my way into them, but then it seems even more apparent that I'm either "chunking out" or that there's a little baby growing inside of me.

No comments: