Monday, March 17, 2008

Another Quiet Weekend.

We had a nice evening bowling with our neighbor friends, Sean & Jess and Alex & Matt and Dave. While some of us were bowling strike after strike, others (ME) were bowling gutter ball after gutter ball. I could try blaming it on the whole pregnancy/different center of balance, but who would I be kidding?? I was a sucky bowler WAY before I was ever preggo. It was still great times that included a speed bowling game (until there were 3 balls in the gutter, granny style bowling, and all kinds of other fancy freestyle throws.

Saturday was a beautiful day. Lane and I went for a walk through parts of our neighborhood we'd never seen. It was so weird that just a few blocks away the city looks more like a little town with cute houses and yards instead of concrete high rise apartments and hotels. We really enjoyed the weather and seeing all the trees and flowers in bloom. I seriously could tell a difference in the cherry trees outside our apartment between Saturday and Sunday.

Lane and I went on a date on Saturday night to Thai food. We tried a different Thai place across the street. We give them an A plus on their Pad Thai, but their green curry wasn't as delicous as at other thai places nearby. We usually don't eat out much, but we figured we might as well go on some dates now, before the baby gets here.

Sunday we lazed around. I read and took naps while Lane played computer games. We did a little grocery shopping, watched a movie, and I got all homemaker on him. I made some greek salads for us to take for lunch today. Then I decided we should have some pita chips to go with them, so I sliced up some pitas, drizzled them with olive oil, greek seasonings and some salt and popped them in the oven. I also decided to get a head start on tonight's dinner, a broccoli cheese casserole. And then I thought I should just cook my own mushroom sauce, so I did.

1 comment:

morethangray said...

i love wandering into new perspectives in my neighborhood. i'm glad to hear you found a wee community amidst the high rises.

what did you spend time reading on sunday?