Monday, March 3, 2008

Low Key Weekend

Lane and I started out our weekend at the Arlington Cinema & Draft House. It’s a cool little theatre where they serve food and have a bar, so you can eat and drink while catching a movie. Lane’s work rented out the place, fed us, gave us lots of drinks, and hired two comedians for the evening. We had a really good time, and we’d been talking about checking this place out ourselves anyway. The movies generally come out a little later than at the normal theatres, but the price is $5.50, so it’s worth the wait if you ask me! We are hoping to catch a showing of Sweeney Todd there soon. We ate good food, and got to see some of Lane’s co-workers and their spouses that I hadn’t seen in a while. After the show, the party relocated to a sports bar, but we decided to go home and skip out on the smoky atmosphere.

The rest of the weekend we cleaned like nobody’s business! We rearranged furniture, reorganized stuff, I conducted an analysis of what documents we really need to save (and ended up shredding about 8 paper bags of paper recycling in the process). When I told my brother what we were up to, he commented on my “nesting” so early – nesting? I hadn’t even thought of that. I just figured it would be good to get a head start on cleaning since we are having a party next weekend and also are having the Santa Barbara Grovers come stay with us later this month. Although, I have to admit, I couldn’t help but admire all the newly created open space and think how it would be better for the baby.

The down side of all this cleaning and dusting and paper shredding is that I had a serious allergy attack. I couldn’t stop sneezing for HOURS. And, I was afraid to take any medication to stop my symptoms. Of course after seeing the doctor today, I now know that it would have been okay to take anything.

After two days of cleaning, I decided we deserved a little treat, so I made two pizzas – one with goat cheese, roasted bell peppers, grape tomatoes and fresh rosemary, and the other with spicy sausage, feta, and pepperoncinis. We watched the movie Bobby, about the night Bobby Kennedy was killed. We really enjoyed it and thought it was cleverly done.

1 comment:

morethangray said...

glad you created more space for the baby! if your weekend of cleaning, organizing and shredding was low key, my weekend must qualify as negative key. so sleepy... ;}