Friday, March 14, 2008

Seasons Change


Yesterday morning as I walked to the metro (above ground!), wearing a light sweater, with my sunglasses on, feeling the sunshine, and listening to the birds chirping, I couldn’t help but get a little giddy about the arrival of springtime.

Of course, it’s still a little chilly, but the cherry trees are starting to bloom. Little bits of pink and white fluff are sprinkling the bare trees, daffodils are everywhere, and you can still see daffodil stalks peeking out of the earth.

Yesterday I just sat on a bench outside, enjoying being there, and not being cold, no harsh wind freezing my ears or nose. I soaked in the sunshine and talked to my mom on the phone before I headed home. I felt so energized and happy.

It’s just going to get warmer, the trees are going to get prettier, everything is going to get greener and I will be delighted.

No comments: