Friday, March 14, 2008

My metro ride home today

This evening I hopped on the metro, and this wonderfully sweet lady got up from her seat so I could sit down. I protested a little, but either she was very insistent, or didn't understand my protests.

She started up a conversation with me, and I realized she was just learning English. About half way through our conversation, this lovely Ethiopian woman told me that she was also pregnant (2 months)!! Of course, then I felt extra bad that she'd given up her seat for me. She was the sweetest lady, very kind, and anxious to practice her English. We talked about her job, her family back in Ethiopia, how she got married last year, and about her wedding.

She told me she'd see me next time, and I wished her good luck with her first baby. If it weren't for my big ol' belly, I never would have had the pleasure of speaking with this woman.

No comments: