Friday, March 14, 2008

Perfect Pesto

So, it’s six days after our Mexican fiesta, and yes, we STILL have leftovers. That didn’t stop me from cooking dinner last night. Sure, I didn’t have to, but I was ready to eat something other than Mexican food, and to be quite honest, I missed cooking dinner for three plus nights in a row.

I used some gorgeous and fragrant fresh basil, garlic, and toasted pine nuts to make a pesto sauce. I sautéed some diced portabello mushrooms in olive oil and set them aside. I also cut some zucchini strips and tossed them in the water with my whole wheat pasta at the very end.

After mixing in some hot pasta water with the pesto sauce, I added the pasta, the mushrooms, the squash, a huge mound of fresh spinach, and extra grated parmesan sauce.

It was pure deliciousness.

But tonight, I’m making a little extra rice and we’re having carnitas burritos (again). Mmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Steve and I were sitting at our computers chatting about blogs and yours came up...

Steve- Do you think it would be weird for me to comment on Elena's blog?

Emily- No, you should.

Steve- No it would be weird...I mean the only reason I read her blog is because of Tim's Christmas card. Well, and to drool over her food.

Emily- (laughing) I am so telling on you.


Oh, and the pesto sounds delicious. :)

Elena said...

LOL, that is SO funny! Of course it's not weird if Steve comments on our blog : )

And yah, we sent out about 10 of those "special edition" christmas cards - you wouldn't believe how much praise they've gotten. tee hee.