Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Momma Brain and my Fabulous Husband

We were so prepared for our doctor appointment today. We planned to leave early, accounting for any traffic we might run into, and/or any baby feeding/changing delays that may have fallen upon us. Gabriela was a total doll and just hung out happily until it was time to leave, she stayed awake for the car ride and didn't make a peep, and fell asleep as soon as we got there. I was so proud of us for arriving early. Well, little did I realize we were a whole 30 minutes AND ONE WEEK early for our appointment. Whoops.

It wasn't an entirely useless trip. We went to this lounge area that they have and talked with a breastfeeding peer counselor for some tips. During that time, a couple of the midwives stopped by. I got to introduce my mom to the midwife who stayed with us all through the labor at the birth center and then the midwife who stayed with us all through the labor at the hospital (more later on the glorious birth story details). The midwives got to visit with us and the baby.

The best part though, was the report the Ebony gave to my mom about Lane. She said how wonderful he was supporting me through my labor - so much, that she wanted to record him to show to other dads that THIS was exactly what you were supposed to do. She also said if he's anything like he was during labor, that he was going to be a fabulous daddy. Of course, this was when I started crying.

Not only that, Lane brought his famous cookies to share with the midwives, which she said was the icing on the cake. Even more impressive though, was the fact that Lane made them racing back and forth from the kitchen and living room to help me through contractions every 5 or so minutes.

Man, I love that guy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww!!!!

Anonymous said...

you sure lucked out in the husband department! good job Lane:)

Anonymous said...

oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! sorry I missed the actual date.

pisceanblue said...

Lane gets the best husband in the warld award!

pisceanblue said...

oops, I meant world. God, I need to learn how to spell.