Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We Miss You, Nana!


Nana came for a whole week, and boy did it go by quickly. She took such good care of Lane, Gabriela and me.
Even though I had the whole nesting thing going on, our apartment became quite messy after three days of laboring at home. There were pillows, yoga mats, birth balls, birth books, drinks, and all sorts of other things all over the place. When we walked in our apartment after coming home from the hospital, it was clean as a whistle, there were new sheets on our bed, and delicious dinner waiting for us.

My mom helped me so much with the baby, but also with keeping our house clean, the laundry, and with all the cooking!! She made us carnitas, mole, enchiladas, fajitas, tamales, and all sorts of other delectable comfort foods. Not only that, when she left, she left us with an entire refrigerator AND freezer full of food.

Having her here was so wonderful. Not just to have help with the baby and with the house, but being about to see her with Gabriela and how she just loves her to pieces, and all the visiting we were able to do with each other.

When my mom left yesterday, she mentioned how she never cried when MY nana (who I am named after) would leave after visiting us in California from Indiana, because she was always so grateful that she was able to travel and that they were able to have that special time together. Well, I started crying right when she told me that.

We can't wait for Nana to come back. Thank you bunches for your visit and for everything you did to help us out. Our first week would have been so much harder without having you there with us!
We love you forever.

Maria Elena, Elena Marie, and Gabriela Elena

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I got teary for reading this too!

Mom said...

I'm happy I was able to be of help to you guys. Thanks for making me feel so good about being there. It was a very special week indeed.
Love you forever.

Anonymous said...

holy moly, you have a SERIOUSLY cute kid!!!