Thursday, July 10, 2008

You might think I'm crazy...

But at 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant, I've changed doctors. I had just had enough at the other place. I knew they weren't a perfect fit a while ago, but thought I could make it work. After I got home from my ordeal on Tuesday, I called the DC Birth Center and made an appointment to go there today, thanks to Lane's suggestion.

It was worlds different meeting with a midwife. She talked to us for at least an hour - probably longer than all my other visits put together over the past 8 months. She also felt my belly, told me what position the baby was in, and most importantly, I felt so comfortable and at ease.

When she looked at my belly she said I was having a contraction. She said she could tell just by looking at it because it was all tight and the baby was sticking out so far. She showed Lane and had him feel the difference between my contracted and non contracted belly. When she told me that was a contraction, I told her I must have a lot of contractions, because that happens all the time. I had no idea. They are the practice Braxton Hicks kind.

I felt so relaxed and calm after we left. We are going back on Monday for another appointment. Now I can safely call the other doctor office and cancel my upcoming appointment AND the induction appointment at the hospital.

phew.

Do yourself a favor if you're ever pregnant and go straight to a midwife.

No comments: