Monday, July 7, 2008

Tentative B-day for Baby Grover

So, I'm really not on board with this whole induction thing, but I'm playing by the rules and scheduled a date - the farthest away that I can get away with- in hopes that my many other efforts and pep talks will encourage Baby Grover to come on her own terms before then. Her momma's uber punctual, so I'm hoping she will be too.

The date I've scheduled is July 25th. It's a Friday, which means Lane and I can be at the hospital and his few days off from work can be spent with us at home, instead of at the uncomfortable and unfamiliar hospital. I am supposed to go in the night before for Cervadil gel and then the following morning have my water broken and get pitocin. oh joy.

My mom changed her flight to stay an additional week, leaving August 5th. I'm glad she'll be here. It's such a pain in the butt though to make all these arrangements based on a date that may or may not be "the one". After all this careful thought about which day to pick, making alternate arrangements, and what not the baby could (and hopefully will) come much sooner than that, making all this fretting and planning unnecessary.

I haven't actually received confirmation yet about the date, so put it on your calendars - but only in pencil - my fingers are crossed that this little girl will grace us with her presence before then.

No comments: