Monday, April 28, 2008

Out on the Town

We had a really fun weekend out on the town that started out in our old digs, Reston. Our friends, Wes & Ioana, invited us out to dinner with some friends of theirs. The outdoor seating was lovely and we shared a tasty assortment of tapas. We finished off the evening on the rooftop deck at Wes & Ioana's. The weather was great and they have an awesome set up there - benches and tables and chairs and lamps and planter boxes, all with views of the DC skyline.

I tried something new on Saturday - I made a fritatta. It turned out great. This just may be my new favorite breakfast technique. I sauteed some ham, onions, and garlic, threw in some diced, boiled potatoes, some grape tomatoes and tons of fresh spinach. Then, I just set the whisked eggs on top. Once it had cooked for a while, I crumbled goat cheese and an italian blend of cheeses on top. Then I transferred it to the oven for about 10 minutes or so. It got all light and fluffy and looked so pretty when I cut it, with all the layers of delicious goodness. mmm. I only wish I'd had some fresh herbs to chop up into it.

That night we went out for dinner and drinks at a place in Georgetown with a bunch of friends, and then transitioned to a house party in Dupont Circle. The party was in a gallery and I think the only girls there were in our group of friends. I also think I totally ruined the gay guy vibe with my big pregnant belly.

Yesterday we met up with Malia and explored Old Town Alexandria. We went in a few shops, enjoyed the walk, even though it was a little chilly, and we dined at one of the 8 or 9 French bakeries there.

We finally sat down to watch Sweeny Todd after an eventful weekend, but I must have been really tired because (again) I fell asleep watching the movie. I'll try again later this week.

1 comment:

morethangray said...

wowsers, i'll leave it to you to have a weekend that smoothly encompasses a fritatta, a French bakery, tapas, and a gay guy vibing house party. it's understandably how sweeny todd may have been a bit much, but i hope you get a chance to watch it. it is really dark and moody - in a good way.