Friday, April 25, 2008

Preggo Sicky

I started to feel the sore throat madness on Sunday night. It has made some new friends including a stuffy nose, and as a result is having a hard time saying goodbye. I guess it didn't help that I had to go out of town to co-teach an 8 hour course and talk all day, but I'm still a total sicky this Friday am. I've been staying super hydrated, coming home from work early and resting, drinking tea, eating soup, and gargling with Listerine to soothe my throat, taking some tylenol, which is the only medicine I know I can safely take. I don't know what more I can do to kick this sore throat. grr.

I also seem to have my first trimester pregnancy hormones back in full swing. It was kind of funny because we read our Pregnancy Journal for the day and yesterday's entry said pregnancy is one of the three times in a woman's life (puberty and menopause are the others) when she has a lowered ability to deal with the emotional experiences of life. We went to bed later, Lane had his arm around me, and then he rolled over (away from me). I don't know what my deal is, maybe the combo of sickness and hormones, but I BURST into tears and I couldn't stop crying. It's totally ridiculous.

Lane is such a sweetheart though. He just held me and was so patient, loving, and understanding and not at all frustrated or acting like I was a crazy. I was thinking about how wonderfully he reacted and all the other ways he could have and it warmed my heart so much I cried a little more.

No comments: