Saturday, April 19, 2008

A week without groceries = lots of date nights

For one reason or another, Lane and I didn't get around to grocery shopping this week. I was kind of frustrated at first, but it gave us the excuse to go on lots of dates.

On Monday, I knew Lane would be exhausted from his Vegas shenanigans and the effects of going from staying up until 4:30 am Pacific time to waking up at 5:00 am Eastern Time. I suggested he take a nap while I met my good friend Katie at the pizza place across the street, and then he could meet me for dinner. Katie and I had lots to catch up on. I really missed her, and hope we get together sooner than later. Lane came and we shared some delicious greek pizza, a sausage and pepper sandwich, and tasty mint chocolate gelato while he told me all about adventures in vegas.

I was all set for us to do our shopping on Wednesday when I got an email that I'd won tickets to a pre-screening of Al Pacino's latest movie 88 minutes. We were torn, but decided we better take the opportunity to go out now, before the baby arrives. So Lane and I met up and went to Matchbox in Gallery Place where we sampled the mini burgers they are famous for and a spinach salad. By the time we got in the theatre, the only seats left were reserved for the press, and there were a lot of them! So we sat down in some of the seats, I practiced looking pregnant and huge, and we figured we'd just get up and go if someone said we couldn't sit there. Lane took out a piece of paper and a pen and wrote "88 Minutes" on it and looked very convincing as a member of the press. The film was entertaining and interesting, but totally implausible and over the top.

On Friday we tried the Greek restaurant, also down the street from our apartment. It's off of the main "restaurant row" but was still very busy and very authentic. We decided the ambiance was better than the food was tasty, but we still enjoyed ourselves. The weather was gorgeous, and very comfortable, even after the sun went down. We sat outside for dinner and even took a little walk before heading home. As we walked home and rated our dinner, Lane told me that he's just spoiled with all the cooking I do for him.

Wish us luck that we'll get that grocery shopping done this weekend!!

1 comment:

morethangray said...

i'm glad lane appreciates how lucky he is to be with you...and your cooking skillz!

while we usually eat in most nights (on what, who knows) we went out date-style on friday and it was a nice change.