Sunday, January 20, 2008

Blah.

Blah. That is how I've been feeling all weekend. Tired, not really wanting to move around too quickly and so much for the headaches going away. It's kind of a bummer, since I thought that madness was supposed to decrease or go away in the second trimester.

On the plus side, I did get a lot of rest this weekend, and I even did 40 minutes of prenatal yoga today. The prenatal yoga is a 2nd trimester video, and is more challenging than I thought it would be. At one point I decided that the instructor was only pretending to be pregnant, because how else could someone power through it like that?

Even though I've been feeling yucky, my appetite hasn't gone away. In fact, I want to eat everything I see cooked on the Food Network. This resulted in me concocting my own version of Shepard's Pie after I saw Rachael Ray make one. I also wanted to eat soft tacos and numerous other dishes that looked delicious on tv, but succeeded in only making the shepard's pie.

My Birthing from Within book has some techniques for dealing with pain that you're supposed to practice while holding onto ice cubes. We tried some of those this afternoon. For one, Lane was supposed to time me holding the ice cube for 60 seconds, and the end, he actually timed it for 2 minutes and I didn't even realize. Of course, it's nothing like the pains of labor, whatever those may be like, but it's good to start practicing dealing with unpleasant and painful sensations.

No comments: