Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Even *more* people in the know!!

This weekend we told our neighbor friends our big news. They were both super excited for us. Jess & Sean immediately started putting all the pieces together - how I haven't been drinking at all at our recent get togethers, how I just bought a SCALE, and why I was eating an orange and a hippie fruit bar during the movie we saw yesterday.

I also told my boss. She congratulated me, asked how I'd been doing, and gave me some tips for getting in touch with the right people to discuss the ins and outs of maternity leave.

One of Lane's former co-workers stopped by his work to say hello today, since he had a meeting at the Pentagon. He told Lane he had a bone to pick with him (quite loudly), and asked why Lane never told him I was pregnant. Everyone gasped when Lane responded that he hadn't told anyone yet. It was an interesting way to tell people at work. At first, I thought Ben was just trying to play a trick on Lane, but he read about it on the internet - aka my myspace pic/profile.

No comments: