Monday, January 7, 2008

My Nana

I'm named after my Nana. She died shortly after we moved to DC. While I was at the hospital visiting her, she introduced me to the nurse and told her I came all the way from Washington DC just to see her. Even then, she was trying to be a good hostess.

Last night I had a dream that I was in a church, and I looked and there was my Nana. Of course I was confused. But she came up to me, grabbed my hand with her tiny soft Oil of Olay scented hands, looked me lovingly in the eye, with tears in hers, and then it was over.

It was like I got to sneak in a little extra special moment with her.


Here she is with my mom, my Aunt Del & Uncle Jack

2 comments:

morethangray said...

Awwwwwa! That is such a sweet moment! Thanks for sharing your sweet dreams.

apploniemom said...

AWWW SWEETIE THAT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES...I HAVE HAD SEVERAL DREAMS LIKE THAT OF AUNT JEAN AND MICHELE