Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Week 15


This month, Baby Grover is pumping 25 quarts of blood through its tiny little body (about 4 to 4.5 inches long) every day. That's like 25 jars of spaghetti sauce!! It sounds like a lot, but after being born Baby Grover will get serious and start pumping 300 quarts of blood per day.

Baby Grover is busy practicing hand and arm movements - making a fist, moving its thumbs, bending the wrists and grasping. As if this weren't enough, Baby Grover is practicing all sorts of other things like swallowing, sucking movements, turning its head, opening its mouth, and pressing its lips together. What a busy little bee!

I spent most of yesterday doing baby related things. I cleaned out my entire closet and put away clothes I knew I wouldn't be wearing anytime in the next 9 months or so, and cleared some space for the cutsie baby clothes I am slowly starting to acquire. I also spent lots of time on the Babies R Us website picking out registry stuff.

Unfortunately, I woke up this morning at 2:30 and didn't really get back to sleep until about 10 minutes before it was time to wake up. My back was bothering me. Since I was up all night and don't feel so hot today, I decided to stay home and rest up.

No comments: